Tuesday, December 7, 2010

#23

Well, where to begin... I learned more from this program than most college courses I have taken. 23 Things was a great introduction into and course in how-to techniques that actually brings you from base ignorance to a platform of up-and-running. Pretty amazing really.

The subject and the possibilities are so grand that my head is aching each time I shut the computer down for the evening.

Our library now uses face book, RSS feeds, video and YouTube and a wordpress website. I regularly use web 2.0 tools to alter pictures and video and add spice to our online promotion and outreach. Our biggest success is our facebook page. It is easy to use and has a broad level of outreach contact. Some of the 23 Things like the wiki and the make your own blog will need more time than I have right now but are terrific tools to have waiting in the wings.

If you gave a similar course I would gladly take it. The only problem I had was that it is a massive amount of information to work with. So I started 23 Things 3 times before I actually got around to finishing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment